The Big Moon Dig
One of the most important things we can do is convert real scientific data into lunar surfaces that can be then used in our stories and games.
We have now proved this concept!
Converting LRO Data into a Lunar Surface:
- Science Data to Graphic Surface -- Details the process for getting the latest NASA data and converting it into a graphic surface that we can use in stories and games.
- Example Excel File -- This Excel file provides an example of this data conversion and includes the required subroutine modules.
- 3D Printing the Lunar Surface -- Details on the 3D printing of lunar surface blocks.
- CNC Machining the Lunar Surface -- Details on the CNC Machining of lunar surface blocks.
These graphics show the subdivisions used to reduce the data.
3D Printer Friendly Files
These files can be read by the support software for 3D Printers, are scaled for a 3D printer, and are in millimeters.
CNC Machining Friendly Files
These files can be read by the support software for CNC Machines, are scaled for a small CNC machine, and are in millimeters.
Game Friendly FBX Files
These files can be turned into surfaces by game building software.
LRO Camera Retrieval
LRO Camera Retrieval -- Here is our procedure for retrieving LRO camera images. This is a work in progress.
- LRO Narrow Angle Camera images
- Simplified procedures
Validated for HTML5 with W3C.